Campfire is a personal storytelling experience I created back in August 2017.
The idea behind Campfire is to share ideas, knowledge and experiences through storytelling. Like people gathering around a campfire, each person at a Campfire event has the opportunity to tell an informal, 4-6 minute story of their choice – it could be a funny anecdote, a lesson learnt, a life-changing experience – anything that can educate, persuade and inspire others.
As the lead on this project, I coordinated, designed and created:
- A brand identity for Campfire
- A pitch document
- A half-day Campfire event for my team
- An online article to promote the experience with other staff
- A Campfire Kit for others to run their own event (includes instructions, email and agenda templates, presentation slides, timer signs, presenter notes, forms, etc.)
- A website on the intranet
- A video portal with recorded Campfire talks
- An infographic with results from the team survey
Watch my talk:
Level Up: The Quest to Find My Treasure Chest
My team’s response to Campfire was overwhelmingly positive, and overall it was a wonderful team-building opportunity. The event inspired other staff to create their own Campfire events.
Work completed while employed by the Department of Communities.